If you and your partner are having trouble conceiving a child, you must get in touch with your gynecologist who will not only examine the cause of infertility but also provide a solution for it. It is quite understandable that the inability to conceive can be quite depressing and frustrating for both partners. It even puts the relationship in jeopardy. However, you must keep in mind that today, with advancements in medical science, most of the issues related to infertility can be treated and your desire to become a parent can be fulfilled.
Ways in which a gynecologist can help treat infertility Lake Mary:
- Assess and examine your medical history: When you visit your gynecologist to seek help regarding infertility, he/she will begin by asking various questions in order to understand the medical history of both partners. Questions may be related to any pre-existing medical condition, surgeries, medications, lifestyle habits, etc.
- Conduct a physical examination: Your gynecologist will conduct a physical examination, especially of the female partner where the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, etc. will be examined properly to determine the cause of infertility.
- Fertility test for women: Gynecologists will conduct various tests to identify the cause of female infertility. Certain tests such as hormonal tests to check for ovulation, ultrasound tests to examine the uterus and the ovary, laparoscopy, etc., can be conducted.
- Fertility test for men: Most gynecologists are experts in examining the reproductive health of women but they also have basic knowledge regarding various tests needed to check for infertility in men. Tests can be conducted to analyze the semen quality, check sperm count, etc.
- Help stimulate ovulation: If your female partner is not ovulating properly and regularly, your gynecologist will recommend a few medications to enhance proper ovulation.
- Recommend a specialist: If the cause of infertility lies beyond the experience and the knowledge of your gynecologist, he/she will refer you to a reproductive endocrinologist who has advanced knowledge regarding further treatment options.
However, it is important to note that determining the cause of infertility is a challenging task and it may need a great deal of patience and time to reach a solution. However, most of the causes of infertility can be treated by changing lifestyle factors, taking certain medications, performing surgeries, etc. Moreover, the treatment may involve a collaborative approach where your gynecologist, urologist, and reproductive endocrinologist may work together to address your specific concerns Wotpost.